I know - I haven't been good at keeping up this blog, but I don't apologize. Pat has not been leaving the computer on at night until tonight, but the biggest problem is that I have been tired and have been sleeping at night. I did watch how she turned on the computer, so I now think I can do it myself.
Since it has been so long since I last told you about my life, I will break this into a couple of blogs. I know you humans have a limited attention span, so I'll try to keep it short and quick.
The last time I talked we were in Alabama and my humans were doing things around Dody and Carl's house. I believe we left there and went our winter home in Texas, but it has been so long ago, I really can't remember so I'll just recap my last year on the road.
We spent the winter in our usual spot in Mission, TX. I have gotten used to the fact that I can't see out through the screen they put up, but at least I can hear the birds Pat feeds. This year there was a hawk that patrolled the area. The hawk would sit on one of the bushes the little birds were hiding in and wait for one to fly out so it could get a meal. Pat would go out and chase the hawk away whenever she saw this - why do humans feel they have to help out wildlife? I don't particularly like hawks, but they need to eat also! I guess Pat felt like she was attracting the little birds and giving the hawk an unfair advantage, but come on. I think the hawk was pretty smart to figure it out.
Both Pat and Vern worked this season at the park in Mission, so we didn't do very many parties. I like it when they have parties since I come out and watch all the people on the patio. I'm not sure what happened, but the big black dog was losing her hair and scratching a lot. One day she went away and did not come back and my humans cried a lot. I miss Sasha because I used to grab her tail when she walked by and the little runt dog, Ryder doesn't have a tail so I can't do that with him.
We seemed to leave Texas a little early, at least it was not really hot when we left and we went back to Carl and Dody's, my favorite place to visit. I was excited because Pat kept saying we were going home to Colorado this summer and I love being in the house where I can run around as much as I want. Then something happened and we went back to Alabama. My humans left with Dody for a few days and I got to have Carl take care of me. That was so much fun. I really like Carl. Then, as usual, my humans changed their minds (I've never seen their minds outside of their heads, so HOW do they do that??) and we didn't go home. Instead we went to Virginia.
In Virginia we had a really neat site and I could watch sheep in the field behind my patio. It was great, except when a car went by. My patio was so close to the road that it really scared me and I had to run in every time one came down the road. Luckily not many did during the day, just in the morning and evening when people went to work or came home. Lots of people stopped and talked to me in Virginia and that was great.
While in Virginia, Pat got out the suitcase. I love to sleep in it, but she always makes me move when she puts clothes in it, but I fooled her and slept on the top this time. I heard my humans talk about going to something called the National D-Day Memorial - it has something to do with a war I think. Anyway, one morning they left and took Ryder. Now I ask you, is that fair? Why didn't I get to go? A very nice lady came by and fed me and made sure I had water for what seemed like a long time. I was worried that Ryder wouldn't come back, like Sasha, but finally everyone came back. They talked about how much fun they had in Bedford, VA going to a ceremony on D-Day. I guess that was some kind of invasion during World War II. They also drove on something called Skyline Drive. Now that sounds like there would be lots of birds there and I'm really sorry they didn't take me there.
I'm tired of writing and so now I'm going to stop there. Tomorrow I'll finish up my travels in the summer. I'd say have a nice day, but I'm a cat and I don't do stuff like that.
In the mean time - stay independent, like a cat!
good to hear from you Sadie! I miss feeding bits of grass to you
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update Sadie!
ReplyDelete