I'll try to finish catching up on my travels last summer in this installment, but I can't guarantee that I'll keep it short.
When I stopped last time we were still in Michigan and we stayed there a while, but not long enough for me. There were so many neat things to watch from my patio that I was really unhappy when my humans put my patio away. I know that means we are leaving and I will not get my patio up again for awhile, no matter how much I complain.
All we seemed to do was drive and sleep. It was boring until we stopped in a place called Maggie Valley and we got to see some friends, Anne and Scotty. I don't think I mentioned that we saw them in Alabama. It is kind of fun to see all these people we usually only see in Texas. We saw John and Jana in Alabama last spring and we saw them again in New York. Anyway, it was pretty there, but of course my patio was not set up. Sometimes I don't understand my humans.
We kept driving for a few more days and then we stopped in a new place, Beaufort, SC. I guess Vern used to live there and now he was family members there. Did I tell you that my humans pulled up all the carpet and put down these tiles on the floor? It looks nice, but it is cold on my feet. Pat put down some rugs, so at least I have a place to roll around. Pat says it is a lot easier to keep clean. Something about dog and cat hair not getting stuck in the carpet. Geez, blame me for dirt in the motorhome, I'm cleaner than that stupid dog. He doesn't even take a bath once a day, let alone three or four times a day like I do!
In Beaufort, my patio got set up and there were a few interesting things to watch. There were a lot of people around, but it was really hot and I stayed inside most of the time. Then, one day a bunch of men came and took away my seat! They took both the seats and the couch that I like to sleep on. It was terrible! I didn't have anyplace to sit. My humans finished putting the tile where the couch was and then Pat brought in a chair. At least there was a place for me to sleep. Finally the seats in the front came back and they looked all new. I guess someone replaced the covers on them or something. Vern is sitting in my new chair a lot and he makes me move, but at least I do have the seats where I get into the tube that lets me get into my patio. I was wondering how the humans were going to drive anyplace without their seats.j
After the really hot days in Beaufort we drove back to my favorite place - Alabama! I got to see everyone and see all the new animals. Did I mention that the ducks are gone and now there is a pot bellied pig? I don't like that pig, it grunts a lot and it plays with this ball that Pat bought it. It also makes a terrible squealing sound. We didn't stay there long though and I was sad when we left. I guess something was wrong with Vern's shoulder and my humans wanted to get to Texas to go to the doctor.
We are in a new place in Texas. I like it better because my patio doesn't have the screen on the side and I can see out. It seems like a lot bigger place and some people have stopped to talk to me in my patio. I'm glad we aren't traveling anymore, I'm tired of having to remind my humans to set my patio up. This new place is so big that my humans got a golf cart to ride around in. That dumb dog gets to ride around in it some. He gets to go to something called a dog park every evening for a walk. At least my humans don't have to walk me around. I'm a lot easier to take care of than that silly little short dog. He seems to really like the dog park, sounds like a terrible place to me!
I've finally caught you up on the view from my patio for this summer. I will try to be better at writing this winter. Until I can write again:
Stay independent - like a cat!
No comments:
Post a Comment