Friday, January 4, 2013

Alabama

OK, I know that this is a little dated, but I understand that Pat has been telling people I'm not blogging enough, so I guess I'll have to back up and tell everyone about my experiences in Alabama.

First I want to say that I love being in Alabama with Dody and Carl.  My patio gets set up right away and this time Vern put a cover over it so I could have some shade when the sun was shining.  Here is the view from my patio in Alabama:

Lots of birds to watch in the field.
 
 
Everyone hangs out here, so I get to join in from my patio. 
 
 
 
I even get a pretty sunrise view!
 
 
The people here play with me and feed me grass.  Unfortunately Pat thinks she has to put this horrible device on me and then actually expects me to walk around following HER.  What's up with that?  SHE should be following ME!  Anyway, I did get to walk around outside my patio some:
 

I try to roll and get this thing off, but it doesn't work.
 


I was also taken to visit these terrible creatures called ducks.  They are kept in a pen so they don't hurt cats like me and they make a noise that sounds like something from a horror movie.  At least I think a horror movie would have a sound like that since I've never seen a horror movie, except for those ducks.  That was a horror!  I did not like those ducks and when I asked to go home, everyone just laughed at me!



 Aren't they scary?  Look how big they are!
 

 Take me home!
 
This year Pat and Vern worked on a couple of projects with Carl and Dody.  The one that seemed to take the most time was putting a ceiling in Carl's shop.  I've put some pictures so you can see what Pat and Vern helped accomplish.  Vern did lots of other things like the electrical work before the ceiling went up and he also picked up pecans and put in lights and water lines to those stupid ducks. You can see the wiring in the pictures of the shop, but Pat was lazy and didn't get pictures of the other projects.  I wish she would just let me take pictures, I would get some really good shots!

 
 
Pat and Dody are helping a lot aren't they?
 
 All finished!  Carl will tape the joints later.
 
 
Alabama was really fun for me and I was sorry to have to leave.  Even the dogs had fun because they got to run around without a leash....unlike me!  I don't understand why they trust those dogs and not me.  Dogs are so silly, they always want the humans to pet them and they come running when they are called.  I don't get it.  Why would you listen to a human when they have such limited abilities?  Have you ever seen a human a night?  They can't see a thing.  And smell, they can't smell anything! Of course they can't smell themselves (at least I don't think they can), so maybe that is a good thing.  Humans smell really bad to me, but I've learned to tolerate them.  I try to clean them by licking, but they get upset at me and tell me "bad cat".  I'm just trying to clean them up so they smell better.
 
I've got to get off the computer because the stupid dog has woken up Vern and Pat.  I'll try to get to my blog more often, but only if Pat leaves the computer on at night.  It takes a while to type when I have to use tail.  Until I blog again, Stay Independent like a CAT!
 
 













No comments:

Post a Comment