Well, what can I say? This weather has got to stop. I did not endure riding in that litter box all summer to be cold and wet all winter. I am cold and the other day I was wet and cold. I am not a happy cat - grrrrrr.
Let me explain. Vern, one of my humans, likes to throw my toys down my ramp into my patio. I don't like my toys outside, so I usually have to work and work to get all the toys he has thrown into my patio out through the cage sides and onto the ground. I have to be sneaky about this because if Pat, my other human, sees me she will push the toy back into the center of my patio, making me work even harder. They seem to think this is funny. I am not laughing. I like a neat and tidy patio where I can stretch out and enjoy the view and be admired by people walking past.
The other night Vern rolled all my toys down my ramp into my patio. I got most of them picked up and brought back up into the rig (it was dark and I know better than to leave my toys outside on the ground after dark). I had placed them on my chair, but I was too tired to push them onto the floor, so I took a nap on top of them - you try carrying little furry things in your mouth up a ramp, through a swinging door and see if you don't get tired! Sometime during my nap it started to rain and I realized I had left one of my toys outside. I got up and stretched (a very important step) and then went down my ramp to retrieve my last toy. Well, it was not just raining, the wind was blowing and it was really cold. I was soaking wet by the time I got back up the ramp and into the dry and relatively warm rig.
I was so mad! I jumped off my chair and yelled at my humans, but I forgot I had my toy in my mouth and it came out all funny sounding. I stomped into the bedroom (they were asleep) and spit my toy out and started yelling again. I jumped up on the bed and got right in Pat's face and gave her a piece of my mind. I don't like to be wet and really don't like to be cold and I was both. I'm glad to say she was not very happy with me waking her up so rudely. Unfortunately, I was not able to wake up Vern. I was really mad at him because he was the reason my toy was outside and so it was his fault that I ended up getting wet and cold.
I was very rudely pushed off the bed and I then discovered that the toy I had just brought in was all wet (like me) and it was making squeaking noises every now and then. I did what any cat would do - to put it in the water bowl to drown it. Unfortunately all the toy did was squeak constantly and it didn't stop. Finally Pat got out of bed (serves her right for ignoring my wet and cold state earlier) and took it out of the water. The toy kept squeaking and was getting really annoying so she - THREW IT BACK INTO MY PATIO. I could not believe it. All my work, my getting cold and wet and what did she do? She threw it back outside!
I am currently plotting my revenge. I'll post an update after I've carried out my plan. Until then, stay independent -
Like a cat!
Sadie, your human Pat is quite funny!
ReplyDelete