The humans have been getting all excited about something called Christmas. I have been having fun knocking all the decorations off this little tree Pat put up (inside!) right where I can reach it, I really think that was nice of her. I really thought all this Christmas stuff was crazy, until last night.....
It was late and I was outside in my patio watching for the big bird that comes around at night and for the other animals that I usually see. All the humans were inside and probably asleep since the lights were out in their houses on wheels. I was watching the bushes near my patio when I heard a voice. I started to run inside, but the voice said it was not going to hurt me, so I turned around and didn't go inside. I did stay close to my ramp into the house, just in case. I've never heard a voice before.
The voice said that this was a very special night. I was like, "whatever", nights are nights. The voice kept talking though, and said that a very special person was born this night a long time ago and that he was the Son of God. Well, that would make him a cat, right? The voice said no, that he was a man. Well, I'm not so sure about that, I thought God was a cat. Anyway, as the voice was talking a whole bunch of the other animals came over by my patio. They were all together, even the ones that usually eat each other like the coyote and the mice. Well, the voice explained that while all the animals think that God is just like they are, He really did send a human child to earth a long, long time ago and that last night was His birthday.
This human is suppose to be very special - I guess he would be since he is the Son of God. He will let all the humans that believe in Him go to heaven when they die. I don't really know about going to the human heaven, but the voice said that heaven is wonderful and that it will be the best place we have every been. That made me feel a little better, because my humans sent my friend Sasha to heaven last week. I know that she is happy now. I miss her, even though I would never let anyone else know that. I am glad to know that Sasha is in doggie heaven and so is probably chasing cats like me around - not my idea of heaven, but Sasha is probably very happy.
So the voice kept talking and for some reason we all kept listening. According to the voice, there were animals there when Jesus was born. These animals were cows and things like that, not important animals like cats. But I just realized, there might have been a cat there since cat's jobs are to keep the mice and little animals away from the stables. Anyway, according to the voice, on Christmas morning, very early, all the animals can talk to their humans. I got pretty excited about that and wanted to go in to tell my humans that I like hamburger better than tuna for a treat, but I just couldn't leave the voice. The voice kept telling us the story of Jesus and that first Christmas.
I must have fallen asleep because suddenly I was alone. I meowed to see if the voice was still there and it said it was. I asked the voice what kind of animal it was and it said it was an angel animal. The angel animal said I was picked to hear the story of Jesus because I had been so sad about Sasha and that I needed to know that she would be waiting for me and my humans at the Rainbow Bridge when it was time for us to go to heaven.
I am very glad I was able to get the computer away from Pat so I could tell everyone know about my experience last night. It was a very strange night, but a very special one. As the humans say....
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Here is a picture of Sasha and me when she was feeling better.....
No comments:
Post a Comment