Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Moving Patio - My Travels so Far

I thought I should probably catch all you humans up on what I have had to endure since I was forced from my nice, comfortable home in August. First of all I want to say that I object to being made to stay inside this big metal box with wheels when my people stop for the night. The dogs get to go outside and walk and play, but I have to stay inside until the people I've adopted decide to put up my patio

The first several places we stopped my humans did not put up my patio.  I tried to get them to understand my need to go outside and check for birds and squirrels, but even though I scratched at the window where my door should be, they ignored me.  Finally, after three nights, they put up my patio at a place called Sugar Botton Campground at Coralville Lake in North Liberty, IA.   They said they had a really fun time with people called the Combs in Newton, IA, but I wouldn't have a clue since they never let me outside to see anything.  I do admit that the week we spent in Iowa was very nice and most evenings Pat and Vern had a campfire, which meant they were outside with me.  They took the dogs for some really long walks and left me home, but at least my patio was up and I could go out.  Then they left me with those dogs on one day and went someplace called the Amana Colonies and on another day they went to the John Deere Factory.  Now I ask you, does that seem fair to you?  Leaving me all alone, most of the day with those nasty, smelly dogs.

When my humans got home from the John Deere Factory they said they could not take pictures, but they did show me one from the Amana Colonies. This poor rabbit was having its coat spun into yarn and it was just sitting there letting this lady pull it's hair out. I was told that the rabbit was shedding and so it was happy to have it's hair pulled out, but I'm not ever happy when someone pulls my hair. I wish I'd been there, I'd have talked to the rabbit before I ate it!  


Our next stop was Cicero, IN at White River Campground.  This was a great place to watch the birds and they set my patio up right away.  I heard my humans say they were sorry to leave this place since it was so peaceful by the river.  They had campfires almost every night, so it was nice to have them outside with me. 

Then it was two nights without my patio and one of those nights was in a place called Flintstone, MD at Rocky Gap State Park.  It was a forest with lots of trees and birds and bugs for me to see.  I was really upset they didn't let me out and I yelled at them a lot, but they ignored me.  I did hear my humans say there was only one loop that had water and electric (whatever that means) and it was a long way off the main road, but they would come back there and stay longer.  Maybe they would put up my patio then. 

We didn't drive very far the next day and then we were in Winchester, VA.  I remembered this place.  I got to go see Pat's mom every now and then.  My patio was set up immediately (it was about time too) and I had a great two weeks watching everything that went on.  Pat and Vern were gone a lot and Pat's mom came to see me once.  It was a nice place to be for me since we were under a tree and I got to watch the birds and the people.


I was worried when we left there that I wouldn't have my patio set up and I was right.  For more nights than I can remember they ignored my complaints and left me stuck inside with the dogs.  One of those nights they came home from someplace to say they had a lot of fun visiting with a friend of Pat's that she had not seen for something like 30 years.  I can't even imagine how long that is!

Finally we got to Center Hill Lake in Tennessee and I saw someone I knew.  It was so exciting!!  My patio was set up right away (about time!) and then Don and Jeni, my friends from Texas came by to visit.  Wow, after all this time we actually saw someone I knew.  Here is the view from my patio early one morning....


I have never seen anyone sleep on top of a trailer before.  It was kind of damp, so I didn't stay outside very long, but is certainly was a strange sight.  Most mornings I could see the lake, but Pat never took any pictures of that.  I had a close call while we were staying here.  My humans went out on a boat and I think they thought about taking me, but thank goodness they changed their minds.  They did show me some pictures when they came back though.

 
 
Here is a picture of our friends from Texas and our new friends that had a boat.  They were very nice also.  Everyone was really nice there, even the person sleeping on top of the trailer. 
 
 
 

I knew it would be too good to believe that we would stay at this wonderful place very long and I was right.  My humans took my patio down and then we stayed another day.  They actually packed up everything and the day when I thought we would leave, it rained really hard.  The crazy humans stayed inside all day and we didn't leave until the next day when it stopped raining.  What is up with that?

Naturally I had to spend a few more nights trapped in this place before we stopped in Wetumpka, AL at Ft Toulouse/Ft Jackson Park.  It was great!  I got my patio set up and we were in the trees with squirrels and birds and chipmunks and lots and lots of things to see.  I got to spend a lot of time outside.  Here is the view looking from my patio into the trees.


My humans went to something called a Bark in the Park while we were there and came home talking about all the dogs they saw.  Geez, who cares about smelly old dogs?  They showed me a picture of some Corgis that were there, like I really care!



My paws hurt, so I am going to stop typing.  I'll tell you though, we are now in one of my favorite places other than my house.  I'll tell you about it next time I get a chance to use the computer.

Hope to see you from my patio sometime soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment